The Rhizostands are made with a slope towards the run-off, so that excess waste feed automatically gets channelled away with zero spillage. The stands and drainage system helps by:
- stopping plants reabsorbing stagnant unoxygenated nutrient solution;
- preventing oversaturation;
- preventing mineral build ups; and
- preventing root rot.
Rhizo Stands with an Elbow Drain
The elbow drain fitting is for single pot setups or the pot stand at the end of a line / starter stand.
Large: 52cm x 52cm x 12cm – Suits Rhizo Pots up to 39L
Small: 37.5cm x 37.5cm x 11cm – Suits Rhizo Pots up to 16L
Both size stands connect to 25mm pipes with the included RhizoStand elbow drain-off pack. The Rhizostand is also available with an elbow fitting
Please note, the pot drainage stands are provided with just one rubber washer and not the 2 shown in the gallery picture.
Assembling Rhizo Stands
- Push the threaded elbow or tee through the stand drain hole, from the outside in.
- Put the rubber washer over the threaded end on the inside of stand
- Thread the fastening nut over the thread. You may need to use a little force, wriggling, and anti-clockwise movements with the nut to get it in this tight position. Be careful not to cross thread otherwise you may break the attachment or get a leak.