DE-Nat Advanced Insect Barrier is made of DE – Diatomaceous Earth – which is a natural Silica compound derived from earth minerals.
DE-Nat creates a barrier over the top of your medium/substrate that features abrasive properties which use desiccation to deter, control and kill fungus gnats and other pests.
De-Nat insect shield is comprised of specially sized DE granules to form a residual barrier to control a variety of pests throughout their entire life cycle
This product is organically sourced and naturally refined, to provide numerous benefits to your plants and substrate other than pest/insect control.
The insect shield provides a natural source of silica, helps to increase porosity (air within medium) and reduce compaction within your substrate.
It also facilitates nutrient uptake and absorption as well as microbial activity and thermal control.
- Maximise aeration and nutrient availability
- Excellent thermal barrier and insulator
- Natural source of silica
- Compaction resistant
- PH Stable
HOW TO APPLY:
- Add layer of De-Nat insect shield approximately 3-5cm deep across the top of medium
- Ensure medium is fully covered with an even layer at all times.
- Re-apply throughout the plants cycle to ensure constant protection.
- replenish layer if irrigation disrupts the DE layer.
- Mix throughout coco or peat substrate, to provide a natural and more beneficial alternative to perlite.