Don’t Get Left In The Dark
Colour temperature has very important applications in horticulture. While HPS lamps are fixed in their spectral output, Metal Halide lamps are available in a broad range of colour temperatures expressed as kelvin. With this in mind, the connoisseur, medicinal and specialist grower can choose a lamp that provides the best spectral output for his or her specific requirements.
In addition to just HPS high-intensity light (PAR) which creates the most material plant mass, many other plant actions such as seedling growth, plant height, stem thickness, flowering density, plant terpene, and essential oil production are all triggered by the presence or absence of certain light colours. Different plant receptors such as phytochrome and cryptochrome control photomorphogenesis. This process activates various plant functions that respond to infrared, blues, and UV light which are offered by a broader colour rendering index (CRI) than HPS lamps can provide. These important light colours are supplied by our range of specific, phosphor-tuned Pro Grow Metal Halide lamps.
- Compatible with all quality digital & magnetic ballasts
- Broad Hertz operating range from 50Hz to 110,000Hz
- Phosphor tuned for accurate & brilliant colour rendition
- Low iron quartz glass delivers the highest optical quality
- Manufacturer one year warranty from purchase
MH – Pulse Start Technology
Pulse start technology increases the efficiency of metal halide lamps to that of high-pressure sodium lamps while offering the desirable colour characteristics that only MH lamps provide.
- Up to 50% longer lamp life over traditional MH lamps
- Faster cold starts, re-strike & shorter warm-up times
- 33% increase in lumen maintenance over probe start
- Lamp Type: Metal Halide
- Kelvin: 10 000
- CRI: 85
- Yield Factor: 30/100
- Medicinal Factor: 100/100
- Colour Expression: Ultra Violet
- Colour Description: Full midday sun at a high altitude
- Best Used: Last 2-3 weeks of flower only. 385-390nm UV stress light.
Stimulates the phenylpropanoid pathways and increases specific terpene and essential oil production by up to 26% over HPS lamps.
- Hot restrike: 12 mins
THE GROW SHOP PRODUCT TIP: THESE DE (DOUBLE-ENDED)LAMPS ARE THE HIGHEST YIELDING STYLE OF LAMP ON THE MARKET. ALLOW FOR MORE HEAT FROM THESE LAMPS AS THEY BURN HOTTER THAN SE (SINGLE-ENDED) LAMPS. TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN SIZING UP YOUR VENTILATION FOR YOUR GROW ROOM OR TENT. ALSO, CONSIDER THAT THESE LAMPS NEED TO BE 1M OFF THE CANOPY AT LEAST SO BUYING A HIGH-TOP TENT WOULD BE ADVISED.